This is my first time participating in ICLW, so welcome and I guess I will just tell you a little about myself.
I am a 34 year old woman TTC my first child with my 35 year old husband. We got married in September 2010, but actually starting trying for our first child in April of 2009. I have struggled with my weight all my life, but actually managed to get down to a BMI of around 26 right as I started dating my wonderful hubby. Slowly I gained back most of the weight I lost and now I am trying to get healthy again before we focus all our attention on achieving a BFP.
My husband has issues with being able to ejaculate during sex, known as anejaculation. Hopefully we can use some at home insemination techniques once we both lose some weight.
Other random thoughts and things about me:
- I love to read and when I fall in love with an author I will devour everything they wrote. Currently I am starting the Fire and Ice series by George R.R. Martin
- I love to cook and bake. It gives me satisfaction to make favourite meals with healthier options. My husband definitely loves the food I create.
- I watch way too much television. After a long day at work I enjoy sitting on my butt for hours catching up with my favourite characters. I need to get more exercise, even if it means waiting to see what happens next with a series.
- I love spending time with friends playing board games. My husband enjoys games too, but takes longer to warm up to new ones. Our current favourites are Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, and Dominion.
- My husband and I love to go camping, our first trip for 2012 is planned for the May long weekend.
- I am a huge klutz. Just yesterday I was cleaning the BBQ and somehow manged to hurt a muscle on my left side, ouch!
Enough about me - I am off to read some old and new blogs.