So, now that I have looked at all I accomplished as a 37 year old - I want to review the goals I made for myself last year and make new goals for this year.
1. Exercise More
- I was walking around my neighbourhood every evening for a while. Lately I have got lazy, either that or I fill my evenings with meal prep and laundry. Really it's just a bunch of excuses. So while I did exercise more, it was not as much as I could have done.
- I am going to keep this as a goal for next year too. First I need to get out and walk before it starts snowing and gets icy. After that I need to join the Terwillegar Rec Centre or the YMCA. I know that I feel better and sleep better when I get in my 10,000 steps on my FitBit.
2. Eat Better
- Sigh. I missed the mark on this one. I did commit to bringing my breakfast to my WW meetings on Saturdays. I also pretty much stick to my points on Sundays. The work week has never been my problem. I can go out for lunch and make smart choices. I either avoid food brought in by co-workers or I freeze it and take it home for later.
- So this one definitely goes on my list for next year. As a 36 year old I lost 28 pounds, as a 37 year old I lost 17 pounds. Not great. I need to start making better choices and tracking my food everyday, not just here and there. I can do this.
3. Finish my Online Course
- Well, if you remember, back in December I was basically kicked out of the Legal Assistant program because I was taking too long. I did get a certificate as an Administrative Assistant. So I guess I got something for the work I did put in.
- I might look into taking some purely online courses that are not part of a school or program. Just things to improve my learning. For now, this part of my future is done.
4. New Job
- This of course ties into the previous goal. Since I never completed my program, I never looked for a new job.
- I am going to return to this one in the Summer of 2016 (after my brother's wedding). I'm not going to make it a part of my goals for 38.
- Ugh. I actually managed to talk to a few guys online. Never got to the point where I wanted to meet up with anyone. Am I being too picky? Have I surrounded myself with thick walls of protection?
- This one is really going on my list for the next year. Even if I could just make a couple of new friends. I need to stop overthinking it and just talk to anyone I think is interesting online.
6. Single Mother By Choice
- With everything else that has been going on in my life I have not really had this on my radar. It's still in the back of my mind. I will also come back to this in 2016 and not worry about it right now.
Thursday, October 8, 2015
It was my birthday on Tuesday. Here I am, another year older, and about to begin my life as a 38 year old woman.
I travelled to Victoria to see my parents for both Thanksgiving and Christmas last year as well as early September 2015. This year I won't see my parents until my brother's wedding in May. It will be odd, but hopefully we can ease the distance through phone calls and Facetime.
Yes, TJ is finally engaged to his girlfriend and they are getting married in Niagara Falls over the May Long Weekend 2016. We took family photos in February that they have used for engagement photos. I also helped my future sister-in-law find her wedding dress. It is so pretty!
2015 was the year that I travelled more and that was really fun. I went to Chicago for my Fraternity Convention in June. Then I went to Seattle for the Labour Day long weekend in September. Getting my passport updated (and back into my maiden name) was beneficial.
What I am really proud of this year is that I joined the Chapter Housing Corporation for my Fraternity and became super involved as a Pi Beta Phi alumna. I loved Convention. I also got to go to a wine tasting and the Alumnae Tea. I spent many hours at the chapter house building new dressers and making it a better place for the collegiates.
I lost almost 17 pounds. Looking back over my posts, I am a broken record, I always wish I could have done more work to lose more weight. I have to stop talking about it and just do it. The only thing in my way is me. I did get more exercise this year but it is truly just a case of eating less and moving more.
37 was a pretty good year, hopefully 38 will be even better !!