Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Goals for 38

So, now that I have looked at all I accomplished as a 37 year old - I want to review the goals I made for myself last year and make new goals for this year.




1.  Exercise More

 - I was walking around my neighbourhood every evening for a while.  Lately I have got lazy, either that or I fill my evenings with meal prep and laundry.  Really it's just a bunch of excuses.  So while I did exercise more, it was not as much as I could have done.

 - I am going to keep this as a goal for next year too.  First I need to get out and walk before it starts snowing and gets icy.  After that I need to join the Terwillegar Rec Centre or the YMCA.  I know that I feel better and sleep better when I get in my 10,000 steps on my FitBit.


2.  Eat Better

 - Sigh.  I missed the mark on this one.  I did commit to bringing my breakfast to my WW meetings on Saturdays.  I also pretty much stick to my points on Sundays.  The work week has never been my problem.  I can go out for lunch and make smart choices.  I either avoid food brought in by co-workers or I freeze it and take it home for later.

 - So this one definitely goes on my list for next year.  As a 36 year old I lost 28 pounds, as a 37 year old I lost 17 pounds.  Not great.  I need to start making better choices and tracking my food everyday, not just here and there.  I can do this.


3.  Finish my Online Course

 - Well, if you remember, back in December I was basically kicked out of the Legal Assistant program because I was taking too long.  I did get a certificate as an Administrative Assistant.  So I guess I got something for the work I did put in.

 - I might look into taking some purely online courses that are not part of a school or program.  Just things to improve my learning.  For now, this part of my future is done.


4.  New Job

 - This of course ties into the previous goal.  Since I never completed my program, I never looked for a new job.

 - I am going to return to this one in the Summer of 2016 (after my brother's wedding).  I'm not going to make it a part of my goals for 38.


5.  Dating

 - Ugh.  I actually managed to talk to a few guys online.  Never got to the point where I wanted to meet up with anyone.  Am I being too picky?  Have I surrounded myself with thick walls of protection?

 - This one is really going on my list for the next year.  Even if I could just make a couple of new friends.  I need to stop overthinking it and just talk to anyone I think is interesting online.


6.  Single Mother By Choice

 - With everything else that has been going on in my life I have not really had this on my radar.  It's still in the back of my mind.  I will also come back to this in 2016 and not worry about it right now.









No comments:

Post a Comment