So, now that I have looked at all I accomplished as a 37 year old - I want to review the goals I made for myself last year and make new goals for this year.
1. Exercise More
- I was walking around my neighbourhood every evening for a while. Lately I have got lazy, either that or I fill my evenings with meal prep and laundry. Really it's just a bunch of excuses. So while I did exercise more, it was not as much as I could have done.
- I am going to keep this as a goal for next year too. First I need to get out and walk before it starts snowing and gets icy. After that I need to join the Terwillegar Rec Centre or the YMCA. I know that I feel better and sleep better when I get in my 10,000 steps on my FitBit.
2. Eat Better
- Sigh. I missed the mark on this one. I did commit to bringing my breakfast to my WW meetings on Saturdays. I also pretty much stick to my points on Sundays. The work week has never been my problem. I can go out for lunch and make smart choices. I either avoid food brought in by co-workers or I freeze it and take it home for later.
- So this one definitely goes on my list for next year. As a 36 year old I lost 28 pounds, as a 37 year old I lost 17 pounds. Not great. I need to start making better choices and tracking my food everyday, not just here and there. I can do this.
3. Finish my Online Course
- Well, if you remember, back in December I was basically kicked out of the Legal Assistant program because I was taking too long. I did get a certificate as an Administrative Assistant. So I guess I got something for the work I did put in.
- I might look into taking some purely online courses that are not part of a school or program. Just things to improve my learning. For now, this part of my future is done.
4. New Job
- This of course ties into the previous goal. Since I never completed my program, I never looked for a new job.
- I am going to return to this one in the Summer of 2016 (after my brother's wedding). I'm not going to make it a part of my goals for 38.
- Ugh. I actually managed to talk to a few guys online. Never got to the point where I wanted to meet up with anyone. Am I being too picky? Have I surrounded myself with thick walls of protection?
- This one is really going on my list for the next year. Even if I could just make a couple of new friends. I need to stop overthinking it and just talk to anyone I think is interesting online.
6. Single Mother By Choice
- With everything else that has been going on in my life I have not really had this on my radar. It's still in the back of my mind. I will also come back to this in 2016 and not worry about it right now.