Friday, April 11, 2014

Spring & New Beginnings

I had a really nice weekend.  The weather warmed up, and it just felt nice to experience sunshine and above zero temperatures again.  Two of my dad's cousins came up from Red Deer & Airdrie together to visit with their Aunt (my grandmother).  We went out for dinner and I made them waffles on Sunday morning.

On Sunday I also picked up Kristine from the airport.  She had spent the past week in Parksville, BC (on Vancouver Island) with her parents.  She is going to move out there within the next 6 months or so.  She  submitted her resume to a bunch of places and is looking for work.  She will have to sell her place here in Edmonton.  I will miss her, but she needs to do what is best for her right now.

I have now been back in Edmonton for a year.

I started my new position on April 1st, 2013.  My brothers had helped me move all my stuff from Calgary to Edmonton on March 23.  Then I had to go back to Calgary and work for another week (and during that time I stayed in the guest room at the home of our VP of Sales).  So to me, April 1 is the day when things truly began anew for me.

It has been a tough year, but so much easier than the year proceeding.  I definitely think that moving 300km away from my ex helped me to move on with my life.  It gave me distance and space to become a stronger, more confident woman.

This year will be full of positive changes.  I am truly looking forward to moving into my own place.

Now that the weather has warmed up and I really want to get out there and walk in the evenings after dinner.  I managed to go for a short walk on Monday & Wednesday (and hopefully tonight too depending on the weather).  I dislike all the dirt on the roads and the brown grass and the mud & puddles that are everywhere at this time of year - but I do like that it is now Spring and everything is fresh and starting again.


View of the North Saskatchewan a few blocks from my parents house






No comments:

Post a Comment