Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Losing Weight Without Really Trying

On January 6 I weighed myself at 322.2 pounds.  My highest weight since sometime back in 2005/2006 - I would have to look back at my old weight trackers for exact dates. 

Yesterday I weighed myself at 316.6 pounds.  A loss of 5.6 pounds.  I have not really changed anything over the past 3 months.  Well, that is not exactly true, but I have not been actively trying to lose weight.  No exercise and no food diaries. 

I have been walking more since I lost my old car in February and was forced to take transit for almost a month.  Having no car also meant I was eating out for lunch less, which usually meant I was eating healthier.

Now, personally I think I could have loss a lot more than an average of  about 0.5 pounds a week over the past 11 weeks if I had just got my head in the game back in January.  But it is definitely better than finding myself 5 or 6 pounds heavier.

I managed to do about 10 min of a workout video last week.  I also moved a lot of stuff (magazines and boxes) around (in and out) of my office space at work.  I know how many WW points I am supposed to eat each day.  I have very few "bad" or "trigger" foods in my house at the moment.

Now I just need to continue to move more and eat less.

2 comments:

  1. I love those little surprises when you step on the scale. Totally opposite of the surprise I got the other day (damn water retention!). I hope things keep going in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the loss and it doesn't matter how slow it comes off as long as it keeps coming off!

    ReplyDelete