Thursday, June 21, 2012

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr Argghhhhhhh

@#$%!!!

Yet another crappy, horrible week.  I am feeling much, much better but now it seems the fates have decided to spread the misery to my husband.

He met up with a friend after work on Monday.  He stayed out way too late and had too much to drink.  I don't think it was unreasonable to expect him home before 9:00pm on a work night.  I had left my cell phone at work, so I called him from the home phone at 5:30pm to let him know I would not receive any text messages.  I then called him at 9:30pm, basically telling him in a nice way that it was late and to get his arse home.  He called my cell phone and left a voicemail sometime around 10:00pm.  Of course I did not get it

So I was mad and I cried some tears while falling asleep. 

I was jolted out of my slumber at 11:00pm by my husband yelling for help.  I was so freaked out.  Apparently he was waiting for the train home and tripped and fell down a couple of steps at the platform.  He rolled his bad ankle (the one he has injured before, last time was dancing at my cousin's wedding at New Year's), skinned & scratched his knee and tore his pants.  He was in a lot of pain.  Of course I am tired and cranky so at one point while fixing him up I mention that I was worried and he never called.  Of course he said he did.  So we ended up going to bed both a little miffed at one another.

Tuesday after work (well I went to work, he stayed home to rest & ice his ankle), we headed to urgent care.  They took X-rays but it's not broken.  They also gave him a doctor's note.

Yesterday he headed back to work with his ankle in a tensor bandage and crutches.  He gave them his doctor's note.  Everything seemed fine, and he was actually feeling a bit better.

Then right before 4:30pm one of his supervisor's calls him into his office and lets my husband know they are letting him go.

WTF?

Basically he was fired for taking too many sick days.  Screw them. 

He took off two days (May 23 and 24) to drive me to the doctor about my sore back, which turned into X-rays and a visit to the ER for a broken ankle.  The next day he was helping me get settled, bringing me food, etc so that I was not putting any weight on my foot at all.

Then he took off May 31 and June 1 to drive me to my Ultrasound appointment, help me get admitted to the hospital, and be there when I had my first ERCP procedure all related to my gallstones.

He had doctor's notes for all 5 days.  Well at least the last 3, actually I don't remember if we had documentation for my broken ankle, but if his work wanted it all they had to do was ask.

I know that he was actually written up in early May (I think?) for missing days.  He missed 2 or 3 days from January to May due to his bad back.  Looking back I guess he should have took some pain meds and gone in late instead of missing the whole day.  Either that or gone to the doctor and got a note. 

Doesn't matter.  I BROKE MY ANKLE and then I was IN THE HOSPITAL.  If it was not for my mom being able to come down from Edmonton for a week, I have no idea what I would have done all alone in the hospital for that long.  Plus he actually went to work for most of my hospital stay, including the day that I actually had surgery.

To say that I am pissed off is an understatement.  Yes, he made some mistakes and missed too many days - but for GOOD reasons. 

At least they are paying him up until July 4 and he has unpaid vacation time as well.

We were going to find him a new job in August, after our trip to Cape Breton.  Well I guess we are forced to do that now.  Hopefully he finds an even better job that pays more.  Good luck to his company to find someone willing to do all he did for so little money (he wore about 5 different hats).





1 comment: