Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Weekly Wednesday Weigh-In: Week 1

Enough thinking about how I am going to lose some weight, and then making some plans that I don't follow completely.

I know I have seen some of the blogs I follow do this - so I am going to join in.  Not only will it help me get healthy, but as an added bonus it will mean at least weekly blog posts.  Plus a chance to make some awesome connections in the ALI community.

So here I go - week one.

*** Update ***
I originally wrote this on May 16.  And then all the broken ankle/gallbladder drama occurred.  I lost a bunch of weight, and then of course put a few pounds back on once I was eating normally (and not so normally as I had pizza last Friday and then dinner at a fondue restaurant on Saturday).  Let me start this all over again . . . 

1. Reiterate my goal and where I stand in reference to this goal.

Starting weight:  303.0        
Last Week's Weight: -
Current Weight: 303.0
Goal Weight : 288
My first goal is 5% of my starting weight.  I like breaking down a large goal into smaller, manageable pieces.      

Starting BMI: 44.74
Last Week's BMI:-
Current BMI: 44.74 (morbidly obese)
Goal BMI: 35 to 39.99 Obesity (Class 2)

Again, one step at a time.  My first BMI goal will be to get down to the next level.  This will happen at around 270 pounds.  So I will focus on my weight goals first.



2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals.

 A.  30 min of activity everyday
 - go to the gym after work on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
 - walk at lunch on Tuesday and Thursday
 - play Wii exercise games on Saturday and Sunday

Since my ankle is still in a cast, and will be for another two weeks at least, the activity part is on hold for now.

B.  Eat less/better
 - count Weight Watchers points, right now I get 50 per day
 - drink 1L of water and 2 glasses of milk a day
 - 3 servings of milk products (see above plus yogurt) everyday
 - 5 servings of fruit and vegetables



3. Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out for people to try, a photo update of my weight loss, or anything else I feel like sharing.

I am excited that I get to ditch the crutches tomorrow and start putting full weight on my left foot.  One step closer to getting rid of the cast and getting exercise.


Michele @ Nowhere in NM (TTCer)
Mag @ Witty Infertility (TTCer)
Shannon @ Arkansas Runner (TTCer)
Donor Diva @ Motherhood via Egg Donation (TTC#2)
Karen C @ The Brooding Woman (TTCer)
Kristy @ Relaxing Doesn't Get You Pregnant (pregnant) 
Nico @ Phred, Fwed, and Schweffel (postpartum) 
One Day @ Are We There Yet? (postpartum - twins) 
Laura @ Legos and Jets (postpartum) 
Bridget @ The Lost Stork (postpartum)
ks @ Inconceivable!?!?! (postpartum) 
jenn @ Adventures of a Nomadic Housewife (postpartum)
Meghan @ Maybe Baby, It's You...Two! (postpartum - twins) 
Heather @ The Road Less Traveled (postpartum)
DRMama @ Life Amongst the Palm Trees (postpartum) 
Emma @ Emma in Mommyland (postpartum)
E&R @ Dreaming of Babies (postpartum)
Helen @ Our Grand Adventure (postpartum)


2 comments:

  1. One step at a time! I know you will do so great at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from ICLW, I also try regularly to loose weight, it is not easy, so GOOD LUCK. I am back on slimming world and trying to reach my goal of running 5k

    ReplyDelete