Thursday, July 26, 2012

Wednesday Weekly Weigh-In (on a Thursday)

Well really this is Week #4, even though it is my second weigh-in - so hopefully I can continue from here with actually weekly updates.

1. Reiterate my goal and where I stand in reference to this goal.

Starting weight:  303.0        
Last Week's Weight:  over the past few weeks I saw 301 and 302 on the scale
Current Weight: 304.2
Goal Weight : 288
My first goal is 5% of my starting weight.  I like breaking down a large goal into smaller, manageable pieces.      

Starting BMI: 44.74
Last Week's BMI:  44.74
Current BMI: 44.92 (morbidly obese)
Goal BMI: 35 to 39.99 Obesity (Class 2)

(from this website http://www.bmi-calculator.net)

Again, one step at a time.  My first BMI goal will be to get down to the next level.  This will happen at around 270 pounds.  So I will focus on my weight goals first.



2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals.

 A.  30 min of activity everyday
 - go to the gym after work on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
 - walk at lunch on Tuesday and Thursday
 - play Wii exercise games on Saturday and Sunday

My ankle is finally completely healed - well the bone - but the muscles/tendons are weak and sore.  So I think I am going to adjust my goals to go for a walk everyday and build up the strength.  I am also starting physio.

B.  Eat less/better
 - count Weight Watchers points, right now I get 50 per day
 - drink 1L of water and 2 glasses of milk a day
 - 3 servings of milk products (see above plus yogurt) everyday
 - 5 servings of fruit and vegetables



3. Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out for people to try, a photo update of my weight loss, or anything else I feel like sharing.

I am going to focus on my Eat less/better goals this week.  Especially keeping a food diary and counting WW points.  As well as drinking lots of water.

I also want to take some before pictures and monthly measurements. 


Michele @ Nowhere in NM (TTCer)
Mag @ Witty Infertility (TTCer)
Shannon @ Arkansas Runner (TTCer)
Donor Diva @ Motherhood via Egg Donation (TTC#2)
Ren @ The Brooding Woman (TTCer)
Kristy @ Relaxing Doesn't Get You Pregnant (pregnant) 
Nico @ Phred, Fwed, and Schweffel (postpartum) 
One Day @ Are We There Yet? (postpartum - twins) 
Laura @ Legos and Jets (postpartum) 
Bridget @ The Lost Stork (postpartum)
ks @ Inconceivable!?!?! (postpartum) 
jenn @ Adventures of a Nomadic Housewife (postpartum)
Meghan @ Maybe Baby, It's You...Two! (postpartum - twins) 
Heather @ The Road Less Traveled (postpartum)
DRMama @ Life Amongst the Palm Trees (postpartum) 
Emma @ Emma in Mommyland (postpartum)
E&R @ Dreaming of Babies (postpartum)
Helen @ Our Grand Adventure (postpartum)





1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Sounds like you are off to a great start. Having a plan is the first step to meeting any goal! : )

    ReplyDelete