Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Silver Linings

My life is not all gloom and doom.  There are a few moments of sunshine here and there.

As of Feb 9 I am down 19 pounds since I started back at WW, and a total of 26 pounds since May 16.  I am back under 300 pounds, and my next goal is to lose a total of 25 pounds with WW (6 pounds to go).  I admit that with the separation and the three work events over the past three weeks, I have not been following the plan.  I missed my weigh in on Saturday as I was in Edmonton with my family.  Hopefully I have not actually gained any weight at my weigh in this Saturday, but if I am up about a pound, I will be ok.

When I was in Edmonton over this past long weekend I met up with one of my best friends.  We had coffee and talked.  I plan to attend WW meetings with her on Tuesday evening once I move.  We also talked about going to aquasize together too.  Losing weight is always easier when you have a buddy.

I also got the chance to speak to my aunt (and my company's President and CEO) on Saturday.  I walked over to her house and we shared a cup of tea.  She had spoke to the other VP at the company (the first is the VP of Sales, my direct boss, who is here in Calgary) on Friday after hearing about the separation from my mom (her sister).  There is an excellent opportunity in the circulation department that I have decided to take.  I will be making $3800.00 more a year to start, and $4300.00 more a year after 6 months.  Not only that, but this position has the potential for advancement, where my current one does not.  I am actually very excited about this and it is a much better option compared to trying to find a new job on top of moving back to Edmonton.

My online course is going well.  The first few modules are all about computers and the Microsoft Office programs, all of which I am comfortable with, so I have been working through the online tutorials and assessments quickly.  I am experiencing a few problems with the keyboard on my laptop, but hopefully I will have that resolved this week.


 “I learned the hard way that I cannot always count on others to respect my feelings, even if I respect theirs. Being a good person doesn’t guarantee that others will be good people, too. You only have control over yourself and how you choose to be as a person. As for others, you can only choose to accept them or walk away.”

~unknown

1 comment:

  1. Good to catch up on your story....girl, you've been through so much! You are making so many changes for the better....I will be reading to see where they take you.

    ReplyDelete