Since he now wants an income property that will have a good resale value down the road - we are changing what we are looking for:
- newer build
- single family home (no condo fees)
- detached or duplex
- 2 or 3 bedrooms with 2 full baths upstairs and a basement (finished or unfinished) with room for the 3rd/4th bedroom and a family/rec area.
We actually went looking at showhomes this past weekend (and Wednesday evening). Unfortunately most things in our price range, that are not over an hour on transit to downtown, are sold. The developers/home builders are selling for early 2015. Silly dad would have had to made this decision about 6 months ago.
So, this Thursday we are going out with our realtor to look at established homes built in the past 5 years or so in the west and south areas of the city.
At this point I really just want to find a place to live. It was fun walking through the showhomes with all their newness and shiny things and staging. It just made me want a pretty new house.
One of the upsides of this is that we should be able to get a house with a garage (even if it is just a single car garage), so I won't have to worry about plugging my car in on cold winter nights and brushing off piles of snow.
In other news:
- Friday night I had my best two games of bowling (ignoring the first game). Just when I am getting the hang of this the spring bowling league will be over. I am trying to decide if I want to bowl in the summer league or not (because Kristine most likely will not be there).
- I saw Maleficent on Sunday evening and really enjoyed it.
- Congratulations go out to A Warm Cup of Jo on the birth of her son
- My grandmother has been struggling with walking. We think her breathing is worse, so she's not getting enough oxygen, and after walking for a bit she gets over exerted. Then her legs give out on her. She will not be happy if they try to put her on oxygen, but tough, breathing is kind of important.
|image courtesy http://www.edmontonrealestate.ca|