Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Making Strides

I can't believe that it was only a week a go that we made the offer on my new home.  It also feels longer than ten days ago that my parents sold their house.

Things are slowly moving forward.  On Sunday the people who have the pending offer on my parent's house came over again to take measurements for furniture etc.  It's a good sign that they want to see where they will place their stuff in the house.

Tomorrow we are having the house inspection done on my parents house.  Then Friday we are doing the house inspection on the house we made the offer on last week.  My brother is also going to take this opportunity to measure things in the basement so he can figure out a floor plan.

The women we are buying my house from has all her financials in place and has made an offer on the place she wants to move into.

Still crossing my fingers that everything goes well and we can get possession of my new place on July 18.



One of my best friends, Kristine, moved to Vancouver Island.  She was going to be here until mid-July, but then her parents came up and spent two weeks helping her organize, clean and pack.  I guess they worked faster than they thought.  They ended up heading out on June 18.  At first she is going to stay with her parents in Parksville.  By September she will move to Nanaimo as she is taking a course there in health care administration.  I am really going to miss her - but we made it work when I lived 3 hours away in Calgary for almost 5 years.  Plus she will be only 1.5 hours from my parent's house in Colwood.  I really want to invite her over to enjoy the view from the top deck.






Last Wednesday I started playing the Summer League in bowling.  It's fine.  I met a girl from Atlanta, GA who is up here in Edmonton for something work related (I should really ask her about that again tomorrow) and had never played 5-pin before last week.  The other member of my team that I met was a young man who is taking culinary courses at NAIT.  The other two team members were missing.  It's fun but I enjoyed it more when Kristine was there with me.






No comments:

Post a Comment